Not that long ago Intel released their Broadwell-E high-end desktop (HEDT) processor family. Broadwell-E makes use of the same chipset and same socket as Haswell-E so can use the same X99 motherboards that were launched back in 2014. Of course since then we have seen improvements and features added to motherboards. So with that many companies have launched a second round of X99 motherboards that add these new features. One such company is Gigabyte and today we have their X99-Ultra Gaming motherboard. This motherboard is part of their G1 Gaming line and features ambient surround LEDs, RGB LED headers, quad-GPU SLI/CrossFire support, Killer E2400 gaming networking, NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 and M.2 support, PCIe Gen2 x4 USB 3.1 support, and much more! Let’s take a look and see what this motherboard is all about!
– Supports Intel® Core™ i7 6950X Processor Extreme Edition
– Support Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
– Quad Channel, Registered / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
– Intel® USB 3.1 with USB Type-C™ Support
– Best 3-Way/ 2-Way SLI™ & CrossFire™ Support Spacing
– NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Interface & U.2 Interface for Intel® SSD 750
– SATA Express Connector for Up to 10Gb/s Data Transfer
– Killer™ E2400 and Intel® GbE Gaming Networks
– 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
– Ambient Surround LED with RGB Multi-Color Choices
– Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over PCIe and DDR Slots
– Ultra Durable Anti-Sulfur Resistors for Longer Lifespan
– Ultra Durable Anti-Rust Rear I/O Connectors
– Dual Hybrid Fan Headers with Precise PWM / Voltage Control for Water Pump & Fan
– GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ with Q-Flash Plus USB ports
– APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
The X99-Ultra Gaming comes in a nice retail box. The front has the G1 Gaming logo illuminated in RGB lighting because obviously that is one of the new things with this board. The front of the box also highlights some of the other main features of the board like dual hybrid fan headers, Intel USB 3.1, NVMe U.2 and M.2 support, and the Ultra Durable design.
Flipping over to the back we have a plethora of information on the many different features of the board as well as a full specifications list and overview of the I/O ports.
Getting everything out of the box as far as accessories go you have three bags of SATA cables, I/O shield, two Velcro cable ties, SLI connector, 3-way SLI bridge, RGB header extension cable, cable labels, G-connector, 1 to 3 CPU power expander, software and driver CD, two stickers, and user’s manuals.